What is the UroLift System?
The UroLift® System treatment is a revolutionary, minimally invasive approach to treating an enlarged prostate, or BPH, that lifts or holds the enlarged prostate tissue out of the way so it no longer blocks the urethra. There is no cutting, heating or removal of prostate tissue.
Clinical data has shown that the UroLift System treatment is safe and effective in relieving lower urinary tract symptoms due to BPH without compromising sexual function1,4. The goal of the UroLift System treatment is to relieve symptoms so you can get back to your life and resume your daily activities.
Most common side effects are light blood in the urine, some pain or discomfort when urinating, some increased urge to go and discomfort in the pelvis that typically resolve within two to four weeks after the procedure.
Advantages of the UroLift System:
- Rapid symptom relief, better than reported for medications2
- Risk profile better than reported for surgical procedures such as TURP3
- Preservation of sexual function1
- Return to normal activity in days not months
- Increased quality of life
- No ongoing BPH medications
- 19 clinical study publications; 4 years published clinical data4
How the UroLift System works
The UroLift System treatment is a straightforward procedure that is performed by a urologist. The urologist places tiny implants to hold the prostate lobes apart, like open curtains on a window, to relieve compression on the urethra. This allows urine to flow normally again. The UroLift System treatment can be done in the physician’s office under local anesthesia. Typically, patients return home the same day without a catheter.2
- McVary J Sex Medicine 2014
- Roehrborn J Urology 2013
- Sonksen J Urology 2016
- Roehrborn Urology Clinics 2016